Reddie & Grose Partner, Paul Loustalan and Senior Associate, Dale Carter will be presenting an MBL seminar titled Conducting Effective IP Due Diligence – A Toolkit of Key Principles on 12 October 2018 in London.
The course will detail how to conduct and manage IP due diligence effectively and will focus on registrable IP rights (Patents, Designs and Trade Marks). Delegates will learn:
- How to avoid the common pitfalls.
- What the key areas of focus are.
- How to persuade your client that an IP due diligence exercise is required.
- What your client needs to know.
- Timescales: when to start, and how to stage, the IP due diligence exercise.
- How to identify IP assets, know-how and confidential information, including IP audits, company name searches, registered right searches and unregistered right searches such as common law Trade Mark searches.
- How to assess ownership of the IP assets, including what to look for to assess the chain of title, how to check that key rights, such as the right to claim priority to patent applications, have been transferred.
- How to assess the strength of the IP assets, including jurisdictional issues, determining key right and assessing the validity of those key rights.
- Common methods of IP valuation, including their strengths and weaknesses.
- What an Infringement Risk Analysis is, and how to conduct one.
- Relevant cases – Stac v Microsoft, Collingwood Lighting Ltd v Aurora, Hotel Cipriani v Cipriani (Grosvenor Street) Ltd, Sky plc v Skykick UK Limited and Crocs, Inc v Gifi Diffusion.
If you are interested in attending the seminar, please click here for more details.