Partner - London Office
Helen has 25 years experience advising clients in patent, trade mark and design matters. Having trained with us, she became a partner in 1996.
With trade mark clients in many sectors, Helen's experience ranges from clearing marks for use, through to preparing worldwide filing programmes and dealing with inter partes issues pre- and post-registration. Helen has significant experience in prosecuting applications, taking the difficult ones to hearings and appeals. She has dealt extensively with settlement agreements, consent and co-existence arrangements.
Helen works on design protection both from a trade mark angle, looking at graphic symbol protection and product get up, as well as from the more traditional three dimensional innovative design approach.
Helen's patent practice is in the chemical, biochemical and pharmaceutical field. She has particular experience in the field of neuroscience. Her UK clients obtain patents around the world and she acts before the European Patent Office for non-UK companies. Her work in this field is in the prosecution of patent applications, as well as handling opposition work. She is regularly involved in due diligence reports and portfolio advice for her larger clients.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- Member, European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Member, Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (ITMA)
- Professional representative before the Office of Harmonisation of the Internal Market (OHIM)
- Member, European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Degree in Chemistry with Crystallography, Oxford University
- European Patent Attorney, 1992
- Chartered Patent Attorney, 1993
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney, 1993
Other activities & achievements
- Strode prize - UK patent final examinations
- Elizabeth Bennett prize - UK trade mark final examinations