Partner - London Office
Aidan has more than 22 years experience advising clients, particularly in the electronics and software fields. He has considerable expertise in patents relating to computer graphics, integrated circuits, telecoms, and smart card technology, as well as an active trade mark practice. He has spent his entire career with the firm.
Outside work, Aidan enjoys skiing, walking, photography and has an interest in wine.
- Fellow, Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- Fellow and member, Council of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents (CIPA)
- Professional representative before the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM)
- Member, Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Degree in electrical and electronic engineering, Newcastle Polytechnic
- Master of Science in aerodynamics, Oxford University
- European Patent Attorney, 1991
- Chartered Patent Attorney, 1992
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney, 1993
Other activities & achievements
- Contributor to The Modern Law of Patents, 1st Edition 2005, LEXISNEXIS Butterworths
- Non-executive director of Computer Patent Annuities Holdings Limited