Partner - London Office
Aidan has nearly 30 years of experience advising clients and became a partner at Reddie & Grose LLP in 1993.
Aidan handles patent and trade mark matters for a range of UK and international clients. His patent clients include those in the fields of computer graphics, laser systems, microprocessor systems, integral circuits, telecommunication systems and medical devices. He has considerable experience representing clients at hearings in the EPO. His trade mark clients include various household names.
He regularly travels to both North America and Asia, to meet with clients and to represent Reddie & Grose at international conferences. He is a member of L’Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle (AIPPI), and the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA). He was a non-executive director of Computer Patent Annuities from 2000 to 2009.
Outside work, Aidan enjoys cycling, skiing and walking, and has an interest in wine.
- Fellow, Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- Fellow and member, Council of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents (CIPA)
- Professional representative before the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM)
- Member, Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriete Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Degree in electrical and electronic engineering, Newcastle Polytechnic
- Master of Science in aerodynamics, Oxford University
- European Patent Attorney, 1991
- Chartered Patent Attorney, 1992
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney, 1993
Other activities & achievements
- Contributor to The Modern Law of Patents, 1st Edition 2005, LEXISNEXIS Butterworths
- Non-executive director of Computer Patent Annuities Holdings Limited